Tuesday, August 2, 2011

1 Timothy 6:6

Experiencing this trip to Guatemala has been amazing.  "Satisfied" is how Juanita, a woman that I met yesterday described herself. Content to live in homes the size of my bathroom with sometimes ten people living there.  A home made of whatever (cardboard,tin,wood) they could find on the side of a steep mountain, where the reality of a mudslide is not just something heard about in the news.
Juanita prayed that God would bless us.  She was so welcoming and thankful for the food we delivered not expecting more or wanting more, just content.......glad that we smiled, shared our love through quality time.  We went to the park and played basketball, soccer, and had a pinata.  We were then offered food and drinks....they treated us as their guests.    We were there to serve them yet they wanted to serve us.....
Juanita told all of us "my home is always open, you are always welcome, this is your home..."
So I ask myself am I content?  Am I truly satisfied?  How often do I take without giving?

Charity Norris

No comments:

Post a Comment